Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

Jasper Time!



I’m FINALLY in Jasper! I can’t even explain how excited I am to see the mountains and Paul. Yesterday I literally travelled for over 12 hours. On our way back from the Edmonton Airport, Paul’s car battery died and we had to wait 2 hours for the tow truck to help give us a boost. Hanging out in a freezing car for two hours is the last thing I wanted to do after traveling all day, but Paul is the first person I’d choose to spend time with in a freezing car. It was dark by the time we got into Jasper so I was unable to be welcomed by the mountains but I was able to wake up to a beautiful sunny day in Jasper. There is nothing more beautiful than the snowy mountains. I wouldn’t want to wake up Christmas day anywhere else than with Paul and the mountains. There is a house on top of Whistlers mountain which resembles The Grinch. It’s as if Jasper is Whoville and up on the Tramway is the Grinch’s house, I love it. Today Paul and I just walked around the lodge and went into town to look at Christmas shops and bought our first Christmas ornament together. Tonight we will just stay in with some of our friends and have casual drinks. Since it’s Paul and I’s first Christmas together we wanted to make it a special one, so we made a list of activities we will do while I’m here in Jasper. Some are Christmas related and others are just things we have to do while I’m visiting:


Eat French Toast and drink Hot Chocolate
Beer and burgers at Whistle Stop Pub (our favourite pub in town)
Visit the Christmas Shops in town
Maligne Canyon Ice Walk
Chop down our own Christmas tree
Decorate our Christmas Tree
Buy our very first Christmas Ornament
Bake Christmas cookies
Go skating
Go sledding (since neither of us ski/snowboard)
Wine and cheese night
Make Christmas cocktails
Watch Christmas Movies:
Home Alone (1 & 2)
Love Actually (my favourite Christmas movie)
Elf
Bad Santa
Christmas With the Cranks
A Christmas Story
Its a Wonderful Life
The Grinch (original)
A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas
The Family Stone
Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman


Our first Christmas ornament!!! 

What are you planning to do with your sweetie during Christmas?

Also, I want to take a moment and send my prayers to the victims of the Newport mass shooting. I am in disbelief that this happened. I am disgusted at the fact someone could kill anyone, especially children. Thoughts and prayers go to Newport, Connecticut. 



3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures :)
    Im going to my parents for dinner with my daughter then my bf is picking me up later on to see his family :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. I hope you have a fantastic night in the mountains with your hunny. :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN